"Neuro-Bionic Closed-Loop Systems"
Goal of the BFNT Göttingen is to support and integrate research and development in three core areas: 1) Neural Stimulation, 2) Neural Recording, and 3) Neural Control. It is planned to develop systems in which these three components work together in a closed-loop control system. This is the definition of a Neuro-Bionic Closed-Loop System.
Core applications of such systems are found in the areas of medical diagnosis, therapy as well as rehabilitation of sensory, central and peripheral deficits but also in the fields of novel measurement- and data-analysis techniques for basic research. Specifically the BFNT Göttingen will work on technological development for optical as well as electrical stimulation, imaging and prosthetics. Central support for the BFNT Göttingen work will arise from the two new W3 (chair) positions to be appointed in the fields of “Neural Imaging” as well as “Functional Data Analysis and Neural Stimulation for Adaptive, Biomechatronic Control". A focused connection to industrially relevant technology development exists through industry partners who are members of the BFNT Göttingen. Further support for the project goals comes from the central BFNT Göttingen service structure, which all members can make use of, for example in partaking and/or organizing workshops and through the BFNT Göttingen guest program and the BFNT Göttingen coordination measures.
The BFNT Göttingen integrates projects at the following research institutions:
- Georg-August University Göttingen
- Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Göttingen
- Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen
- Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Göttingen
- German Primate Center, Göttingen
- DFG Research Center Molecular Physiology of the Brain (CMPB), Göttingen
- Hanover Medical School
- Westfälische Wilhelms-University Münster
- Max Planck Institute for Biophysics, Frankfurt
- Biomedizinische NMR Forschungs GmbH
- Cochlear GmbH Hannover
- LEICA Microsystems, Wetzlar
- MED-EL, Starnberg
- Otto Bock HealthCare, Duderstadt
- Thomas Recording, Giessen
Prof. Dr. Florentin Wörgötter
Tel.: +49-(0) 551-39-10760