Bernstein Collaborations (BCOL)
The BMBF has extended the National Computational Neuroscience Network in Germany by the funding measure “Bernstein Partners”. In this measure, 11 "Bernstein Collaborations for Computational Neuroscience" and 5 "Bernstein Groups for Computational Neuroscience" were funded. The funding volume is 12.5 million Euro, distributed over the years 2007 to 2011 (groups: 4.9 million Euro; collaborations: 7.6 million Euro).
“Bernstein Collaborations” between working groups within and outside the Bernstein Centers are intended to involve experimentally oriented neuroscientists in theoretical approaches and to integrate them into the national network.
Funded Bernstein Collaborations:
- Neurovascular coupling (Tübingen/Berlin)
- Information encoding (Goettingen/Munich)
- Physiology and imaging (Erlangen-Nürnberg/Magdeburg/Berlin)
- Memory network (Gießen/Tübingen/Berlin)
- Olfactory coding (Konstanz/Berlin)
- Sub-millisecond precision (Aachen/Berlin)
- Neural synchronisation (Rostock/Freiburg)
- Movement-related brain signals (Tübingen/Freiburg)
- Action-potential encoding (Jena/Bochum/Göttingen)
- Transcranial stimulation (Kassel/Illmenau/Göttingen)
- Neural network simulation (Heidelberg/Munich)