Bernstein Coordination Site
The Bernstein Network is supported by a the central Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS), which is a branch office of the Forschungszentrum Jülich based at the University of Freiburg since September 2015. Previously, the BCOS was a funding initiative of the BMBF equipped with a financial volume of about 2.6 million Euros since its start in 2007.
The Bernstein Coordination Site supports the scientists of the Bernstein Network in their joint activities and serves as a link between the BMBF, the grant agency (PT-DLR) and the network partners.
Tasks of the BCOS comprise:
- Link between BMBF, grant agency (PT-DLR) and the network partners
- Support of communication within the network
- Advancement of the network's 'Corporate Design'
- Support in organization of events
- Support of activities for the advancement of young scientists
- Central public relations' work
- International representation, networking and lobbying
The BCOS is hosted by the BCCN Freiburg in its building within the Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg.
Bernstein Coordination Site (BCOS)
Fax: +49 (0)761-203-9585