Open Call: Brains for Brains Award 2017
|Starting your career in Computational Neuroscience?
Recently published a peer reviewed paper or conference abstract?
Win a 2000 € travel grant for participation in the Bernstein Conference and individually planned lab visits in Germany!
Who can apply?
- Students of all nationalities from relevant disciplines (biology, medicine, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, psychology, ...) who plan to pursue a research career in Computational Neuroscience and who have at least one peer reviewed publication (as coauthor) or peer reviewed conference abstract (as first author).
The publication / conference abstract must be:
- accepted by a journal / at a conference that peer reviews contributions prior to acceptance
- submitted before starting doctoral studies
- accepted or published in 2016 or 2017
- written in English
The award is endowed with:
A travel grant of 2.000 € for a one-week trip to Germany, incl. participation in the in Göttingen and individually planned visits to up to two German research institutions in Computational Neuroscience.
Applications must contain:
- academic curriculum vitae
- publication list (incl. peer reviewed conference abstracts)
- letter of motivation (stating why you would like to participate in the Bernstein Conference and which labs you would like to visit)
- copy of the peer reviewed publication or peer reviewed conference abstract with which you apply for the award (if publication / conference abstract is not published yet: copy of acceptance letter)
- copies of degree certificates
- recommendation letter of academic advisor (stating that the publication / the conference abstract with which you apply for the award was submitted before you started your doctoral studies. To be sent by advisor directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
In order to be considered for the award, applications must be complete and strictly follow the application guidelines.
Deadline for application: April 27, 2017 (2:00 p.m. CET).
Applications (in English) are to be sent by e-mail in 1 PDF file (no larger than 3 MB) to: email@example.com
Announcement poster for
Information about previous awardees: